It was in late March, 2019, that I began to write more along the lines that began one of my op/eds:
In America we’ve come to a moment of truth that, I’ve come to realize, requires me to shift my focus from the defects on the Republican side to those on the Democratic side.
Here are some of my writings on that theme:
- Through the Prism of World War II (Can America Rise to This Occasion?)
- The Democrats’ Moment of Truth 5/19/19
- How a Moral Crisis Underlies America’s Political Crisis
- The Real Political Peril in Impeachment is to the Republicans, not the Democrats (5/8/19)
- How the Democrats Can Fight This More Powerfully
- Hoping this Time Democrats Will Avoid Their “Characteristic Error”
- Can the Democrats Find Their Churchill for 2020?